Regular home inspections are highly important if you are looking to ensure the safety and optimal condition of your home and any other structure. Infrared testing cameras spot even the minor changes that are essential for spotting the changes in temperature across different regions of the house. This is key in finding the problematic regions in the structure that is impossible to be detected with the naked eye or any kind of other visual inspection.
About Infrared Testing:
- Infrared testing or Imaging also called thermal Imaging, employs infrared technology to find temperature differences. Infrared testing or inspection blends a traditional home inspection, with a thermal imaging scan. It is employed to treat the suspicious regions in the building for warning indications of infrared testing activity. These possible issues include water and roof leaks, electrical problems, plumbing issues, insulation gaps, and even rodent infestations.
- Infrared testing or inspections are done employing the infrared imaging camera. Entire building surfaces or various objects can emit or absorb heat relying on the nearby conditions. They will emit heat if the setting is cooler and absorb the heat if the surroundings are warm. Irrespective of the situation, the heat will be emitted in the form of infrared rays.
- Infrared imaging cameras will capture these infrared rays and employ them as a medium to calculate the temperature. Clear images of objects are displayed on the camera screen and show an assigned color relying on the emission of infrared rays and levels of temperature. These colors are displayed according to the wavelength spectrum and the differences will be helpful for inspectors to look and see the temperature differences. Regions in the structure that has variable temperature are termed as faulty.
What will be revelations during infrared imaging inspections?
- Moisture will be caught easily during the infrared testing inspections including hidden sources of mold, leaks in the roof, and indications that show rodent nests. Some of the precise issues detected are described below:
- Leaks in the roof: Infrared thermal imaging inspections are best for finding the roofing leaks in the structure. Water will emit heat at a much slower pace when compared to other nearby roofing substances. This is due to its higher thermal capacity as we can see only one image if there will be any moisture accumulation. It is mostly done in the evening when the outside temperature will be cooler. The roofing things will release their heat displaying a blue or purple image, whereas the moisture-filled substances will be warmer and will display red or orange color on the image. These differences are carefully observed by the inspection specialists to find the faults.
- Electrical issues: The majority of electrical issues are usually supplemented by extra heat. The overheating is easily detected by the infrared imaging camera as the overheated parts are distinguishable on the screen. Finding the root of the electrical issues precisely and acting immediately will provide great value to your structure along with its ability to avoid property damage and injuries. There will be yellow marks in case of issues in electrical systems, letting it easy to identify the list of issues. Inspection specialists will act on it by working on the repairs in the target regions and rectify them accurately. Infrared inspections for electrical systems include inspecting the conductors, circuit breakers, loads, and several other key components of electricity. One of the most important aids of conducting an infrared inspection on the electrical system is the ability to detect the looming liabilities before their actual occurrence.
- Structural issues:When the infrared camera scans various surfaces of the structure it will detect the temperature variations and conductivity. This will disclose the complete source of information about any damages in various parts of the structure. There may be hidden molds in the wet surfaces especially on basements that can be detected via this procedure. Insulation faults cannot be detected with the naked eye or any other visible inspections. The differences in temperature between the air present inside and exterior of the structure will be the detection point of the technique. For example, the air present in the house may be warm and the exterior might be cold. An infrared camera will easily capture the leak if there are any issues of air leak as warm air will try to escape when the exterior is cold. As the faulty region of the structure is inspected from the exterior, there will be a display of warm air escaping via the wall. Thus, you will be able to identify, rectify and be safe from huge electrical bills while also getting the luxury of optimal house insulation.
- An infrared thermographic inspection is an ideal solution to find plumbing leaks. Generally, the water inside the pipes will have diverse temperatures than the exterior air. As the pipes are inspected employing this technique, the variations will easily detect the issues in the pipes. A leaking roof will often disclose it with the proof of wet patches that make the air in your home humid. Along with the upsurge of increased electricity bills, it will expose the house residents to many airborne diseases. Infrared testing will aid in recognizing these issues easily before they cause more financial damage with danger to the lives of residents.
With all these benefits, one must know that infrared technology is not a magical process and sometimes the temperature variations will be very minimal to be detected. But when used in combination with a traditional home inspection, this technology can in finding the issues during the inspection process that would not be able to be detected otherwise. Watch Dogs Utah offers best-in-class home inspection services to offer you optimal peace of mind from encountering critical problems after you buy your new home or staying for a longer time. Our skilled inspectors carefully study the home looking for the indications of potential problems with checks on non-functioning objects, systems, safety worries, and repairs that may be required immediately.