If you are buying a home, then you are bound to have a thorough home inspection. But if the home includes a swimming pool, then checking it for safety is very important as a home inspection. Knowing all the aspects of a pool inspection will guarantee you to understand all the features and aid in making a confident decision when you buy a new home. Do home inspectors check swimming pools? when this question arises the answer is there are some aspects to consider as some home inspectors do and some do not include checking swimming pools in their service. Hence, as a homeowner, you must be careful in choosing a home inspection service that comes with importance to the swimming pool check.
Why You Need a swimming pool Inspection?
- Buying a home is probably the biggest investment in a person’s life. Hence, you must ensure that every part of the property is in safe and optimal condition. Knowing this early will have a huge impact on the home purchase decision. A home inspection is done to ensure that both buyer and seller agree with the problems in the home. It is a usual procedure to complete this process with a professional home inspector. They will check the home and develop a report that consists of all the issues that they find during their inspection. Depending on this report, buyers and sellers negotiate the final price of the home. Seller may agree to repair certain things before the final negotiation, or also provide a certain discount on the price without the repair. Whatever may be the outcome, it is important to know the condition of a home before you finally decide to purchase it.
- Similarly, if you have a swimming pool on the home property, then it should be inspected without fail. There could be several problems associated with a swimming pool that could need a simple repair or some may require major works and expenses to repair. Few problems could be so critical that it may impact the safety of people using them. Thorough knowledge of the swimming pool and its current situation is important to negotiate the price of a home purchase. Similar to the impact of home repairs, swimming pool repairs will be a remarkable point in closing the deal. The cost required to resolve the problems will have a huge influence on the sale conditions and closing price.
Do home inspectors check swimming pools?
- Whether a home inspector can examine your pool relies on the inspection policies of a company. Some home inspectors precisely do not check the swimming pools due to some legal issues. They are as explained below.
- There are instances where a homeowner may find some issues in a home after the process is completed. As the deal was completed depending on the assessment of the inspector, the late found issues may cost a huge amount for the buyer. This will involve legal issues and deal with them; home inspectors will have errors and omissions insurance. This insurance will safeguard the inspector if in case they miss any issues during the task and get exposed to liabilities.
- This home insurance may not guarantee protection from swimming pool inspection issues due to the peculiarity of pool problems. If in case a swimming pool inspector fails to detect any issues in the pool, then it may result in a huge expense for the homeowner. Sometimes it may even lead to accidents or fatal injuries. Since the risk and liability issue for the swimming pool is so high, many insurance companies do not involve them in their basic coverage. If this is the case, then home inspectors will not include this inspection in their service to ensure the quality of the swimming pool.
- Some home inspectors include a partial swimming pool inspection in their service. They will clearly define their limitations in their service before the inspection of that particular element in the property. It will help them to be protected from lawsuits as they have their policies written in their agreements. They may briefly overview the pool condition and mention if any further inspection is required to guarantee the condition. If your home inspector does not perform pool inspection, then it is wiser to get a professional pool inspector.
What Does a Professional Pool Inspection Include?
- Pool inspection starts with complete supervision around the pool area, with a detailed verification of the deck, coping, and the interconnecting mastic. This walk-around will ensure to check the area for safety such as fencing and closing gates. Pool liners, foundations are inspected properly for any cracks, leaks, or any other issues. The hardware materials inside and nearby the pool will also have to be verified for any damage. It includes verifying the diving board lights, drains, ladders, and handrails to ensure that they are fixed accurately and safely. These things are crucial for the usage of pool with home members in the future. All types of pool equipment have to be verified without fail. This involves a pump, heaters, filters, timers, plumbing materials, and other electrical items that are part of the pool set-up.
- By performing all these inspections, an inspector will know if any kind of damage is affecting the pool. They will include all the details in the report if any repair or replacement works need to be carried out to get the pool into an optimal and secure condition. Once the inspection is complete, the inspector will report by including all the details of his verification. It is included along with the home inspection report for negotiating on the final deal closure.
A detailed and accurate professional pool inspection lets home buyers and homeowners know about the condition of the pool and its working process. Failing to do so will cost you huge amounts in later stages. With Watch Dogs Home Inspectors Utah, you get dedicated customer satisfaction and a complete money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the service at the time of the inspection.